Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Memories of Mississippi







I started this blog with the idea that I can finally use the digital pictures for something. I have been reluctant to use them for scrapbooking and thought this would provide me a place to display them other than a scrapbook. So we have pictures with commentary! These pictures are when we brought Max home from the hospital while we were living in Ocean Springs. I don't have a lot of film pictures from September 2005 since I was pregnant and then postpartum and snapping pictures was the furthest thing from my mind.


Thank you Shane for being so diligent with the digital camera before I BELIEVED IN IT! We came home from the hospital to an empty house. We did have an air mattress and rubbermaid tub for a makeshift changing table. We are still so thankful that the waters from Katrina stopped at our front step and did not enter the house. The movers came and packed and moved our things in one day which was about 12 hours before I went to the hospital. We only stayed in the house for 2 days and then drove through hurricane ravaged western Louisiana (thanks to Hurricane Rita) to San Antonio. That was the longest drive of my life.



No comments: